Friday, July 29, 2011

Rest of the Summer

I have finalized my races for the rest of this 2011 season. I am doing the Mid Atlantic Regional Sprint Championship, Sunday August 7th at Noxamixon State Park, PA. After that, US Age Group nationals will be August 20th (day after my 21st birthday), then the Nation's Tri September 11th in Washington, DC. After that will be two draft legal races, September 25th in Buffalo, NY, and October 9th in Myrtle Beach, SC. I am excited that I will be able to do a mixture of draft legal racing and non drafting racing to hone my bike skills.
This first week after Colorado Springs has been a hot and humid adjustment in Delaware, but I've still managed to get a good week of training in. I have done a track workout, a bike/run brick, a swim/bike brick, and a hill workout. There will still be a long run, and long bike this weekend with some swimming both days. Endurance Films will be announcing their elite racing team next Tuesday, August 2nd, and I have applied and am a finalist for this team. I hope I will be able to align myself with such a great company!
The last bit of exciting news I have is that USATriathlon has helped me find a good draft legal bike to rent until I get an official bike sponsor! They have provided me the frame of a Blue RC4 bike, and I will be switching all the components from my current road bike (much too big on me) to make this one my race bike in Buffalo and Myrtle Beach. I will also get my first TT bike ever, courtesy of Bike Line Middletown, a Trek Speed Concept 9.5 I am excited to see what I can do on a truly fitted time trial bike. It looks like quite the machine, and I can't wait to try it out.



Speed Concept 9.8


Blue RC4





No comments:

Post a Comment